When it comes to getting ready for school, especially graduate school while working full time, quick, easy hairstyles are a must. I’m excited to partner with Herstyler to share a back to school hair tutorial of one of my favorite hair looks – messy waves. This hairstyle takes literally 10 minutes… You can’t beat such a short prep time for hair!
For this look, I used the following products:
- Herstyler Extenso curling wand ($21.95)
- Herstyler Argan Oil Hair Serum ($12.95)
- Herstyler Styling Spray ($10.95)
Herstyler has a variety of products ranging in size for flat irons, curling irons, and hair care products. All these items, and their entire collection, are priced just right for a student budget!
Check out my back to school hair tutorial on YouTube, where I walk you through how to achieve this look!
Here are the 7 steps I took to achieving the messy waves look:
- Start with clean hair. I personally air dry, then flat iron my hair. It’s always worked for me and the direct heat to my hair locks in the straight style. This is my base.
- I ran the Herstyler Argan Oil Hair Serum through my hair using my fingers. This keeps my hair sleek and shiny before heat styling.
- Section hair into two large sections: one of the top half of your hair, and one of the bottom.
- Take a small section of hair from the bottom portion (no more than 2 inches) and wrap it around the curling iron barrel. For hair close to your face, make sure that you are curling away from your face. As you get to the rest of your hair, you can get a little less organized about it and go in different directions to create that messy texture.
- Curl all of the bottom section’s hair, then move on to the top and repeat Step 4.
- Spray Herstyler Styling Spray evenly throughout your hair.
- Lastly, run your fingers through your hair again to lighten/deconstruct the curl. This gives it that “lived in” look.
And that’s it! It’s such a simple look, created in the simplest way, to save time during those hectic mornings.
Herstyler products are available for purchase on their website, herstyler.com.
Herstyler has provided me with their products for the purpose of this review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.Collaboration supported by Shopping Links.